LP Analyst is currently seeking to hire an Analyst with 0-2 years of relevant experience.
The Analyst’s responsibilities will include assisting on all aspects of LP Analyst’s business including private equity and venture capital focused due diligence, portfolio monitoring and evaluation, fund and direct secondary valuation, and various other projects on behalf of the firm’s institutional investor client base. The Analyst will have an opportunity to gain broad exposure to the private equity and venture capital asset classes as well as an understanding of the various market participants, including fund managers, institutional investors, and various intermediaries.
It is anticipated that the analyst will be at least 50% dedicated to the monitoring and analytics line of business with the remainder of time spent supporting on consulting-type projects in the areas of diligence and valuation.
Specific Job Functions – Monitoring Business:
- Oversight of the monitoring execution of at least one large client
- Analyzing private equity fund financial statements
- Entering financial statement data in LP Analyst’s private equity database
- Monitor and log capital call and distribution activity for clients’ investments
- Perform market research on fund portfolio companies
- Produce excel-based company, fund and portfolio reports for clients
- Assist in maintaining and creating dashboards
Specific Consulting Job Functions:
- Assist in conducting due diligence on private equity fund managers
- Perform valuation analysis on private equity direct and fund investments
- Support team on consulting projects with in-depth industry research
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting, Economics or related field (GPA of 3.3+)
- 0-2 years of experience (e.g., Consulting, Investment Banking, Valuation, Finance)
- Strong Excel abilities, including advanced functions (VBA / macros a plus)
- Experience with cash flow modeling and investment valuation techniques
- Strong PowerPoint proficiency and experience working on client deliverables
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work accurately under pressure, meet deadlines, and seek out additional responsibility
- Ability to manage and analyze large data s